Dear Ministry Team,
Margie and I pray that you all are doing well. Summer is finally here! Please know that we pray for you often. We see Paul’s example of how prayed regularly for the church at Philippi, who supported his work of the gospel and we too pray for you with joy. Some of you have even given us specific prayer request and we thank you for those.
You may be asking yourselves, “Another newsletter already?” The answer is that’s correct J! We are working on making monthly newsletters more the norm now. We want to give you more frequent updates on how God is working and how we are progressing.
Since we have been back from our mission’s trip to Panama and our scouting trip to Ecuador:
- We had the opportunity to share with our home church about our time in Panama and Ecuador.
- We have been speaking to individuals and setting up appointments with them, so we can share our vision and ask them to join our ministry team. We have three appointments with individuals on the calendar so far for the month of June.
- We have also been following up with one of the churches we have established a relationship with and are waiting to hear back from them as to when we can make a visit to share the vision.
- We have sent an initial contact letter to all of the churches in our association. In the month of June we will be following up with phone calls. We have been thinking of different ways churches can get involved and that we can present to them. Since pastors know the value and need of theological training, we hope to challenge many of them to personally become ministry team members.
- In June, I will be making a trip to Trinidad to get copies of my birth certificate so we can begin the process of applying for visas.
- On June 28th, we will be visiting Living Gospel Baptist Church in Rutherford NJ. Pastor Dennis O’Neill his wife Elaine and the folks at Living Gospel is one of the churches that have invested in our ministry from the beginning. We look forward to spending time with them.
- Finally, we have been spending time in prayer. Praying for God’s will, direction and for us to have patience and wait on him.
We kindly ask that you pray for God to open doors, with the people, pastors and churches that we get to share the vision of the ministry with. Pray that God to impress on their hearts the need for this ministry and, for others to partner with us in this ministry. It is only by God’s hand we have gotten to 50% and we are relying on him to take us the next 50%!
We thank you again for your continued prayer and support without your help this ministry would not be possible.
Kevin and Margie Bishop
To make a tax deductible donation to the ministry via check or money order to: Reaching & Teaching International Ministries P.O. Box 122 Wheaton, IL 60187 To give online please go to: http://www.reachingandteaching.org click on “Give”, then “Give Online”. Please be sure to select Kevin and Margie Bishop using the drop down arrow in the account information section.